E-copies of Driving License and Vehicle Registration Certificate held by you in DigiLocker is now considered as valid documents. If you ever break the traffic rules, you will no longer need physical seizure of documents.
Who wants to risk loss or damage of important documents like Voter ID, driving license or education certificate? Now keep all your documents safely inside your home and using the DigiLocker mobile app, easily take all your important documents from e-copies in the phone and do it.
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has given e-copies of driving license and vehicle registration certificate in mParivahan or DigiLocker app to all the transport departments of the state as valid documents with the original people. However, sometimes the Department of Traffic Vehicles, Motor or Police do not consider such documents to be valid. This happens in cases where someone has broken the traffic rule, then it is required to have documents installed by the traffic department.
But the Ministry has now clarified that such a problem can be overcome electronically through the e-challan system through Sarathi / VAHAN database. The ministry also said in a circularThere will be no need for the physical seizure of document on such an occasion.
What is DigiLocker?
Available on both mobile apps and websites, DigiLocker is a digital locker for storing all your documents. Which is linked to the Aadhaar card and Mobile number, DigiLocker eliminates the use of physical documents as part of the government’s Digital India Drive, as it stores all data in the cloud.
You can scan and upload your document in PDF, Jig, etc. format and you can access it anywhere through your mobile app or website. You can also e-sign documents uploaded, which will work like self-verification of physical documents.
Many organizations like CBSE, Registrar Office or Income Tax Department are also keeping electronic copies of documents and certificates directly in your e-locker.
Organizations registered with Digi Locker include UIDAI, Ministry of Highways and Road Transport, various school boards, Income Tax Department, including CBSE, and various state and central government ministries.
According to the latest figures, DigiLocker has 1.35 crore users, which people can use for PAN card, mark sheet, birth certificate, caste certificate, ration card, etc.
How to use DigiLocker?
- Go to the DigiLocker app or website from your smartphone. You can create a user ID using an OTP using your Aadhaar number and mobile number in the Digi locker app Paying up.
- If you have uploaded an e-document of an organization, you can view it in your account. And you can also upload your own documents and e-sign them on the document.
- You also get the facility to share your document with many others by sharing the link to your e-document.
How can I upload a document in my digital lockers?
The upload document facility is available under the ‘My certificate’ section.
- You have to select a document type (HSC certificate, SSC certificate, PAN card, voter ID card, etc.) before a drop list.
- Provide a name for the document
- Depending on the type of document selected, you will have to fill other details related to the document.
- Choose the file from your local machine to upload to the digital locker. Each file uploaded must not exceed 1MB [1 MB is the maximum file size] and only pdf, jpg or jpeg, png, BMP, and gif, etc file types are allowed.
- Document Image Description (max 50 characters)
- Click on the ‘Click Upload’ button.
Upon successful upload, the document will be listed under the ‘Uploaded Documents‘ subsection.
Is DigiLocker safe to Use?
Digi locker uses the same security that all the banks use for internet banking. Just like they use your registered mobile number and email address to send you OTP, one-time password. Digilocker works in the same way.